Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review: Supernaturally by Kiersten White


Supernaturally by Kiersten White
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb:  
 Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be...kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.

Review: Supernaturally was just like I was expecting it to be. I'm in LOVE with Kiersten White’s writing style. Like, seriously.

Though I felt that the last novel was slightly more action-packed than this one, nonetheless I still liked it. I loved all the characters though I liked Evie better in the previous book. She just made up so many stupid, unnecessary lies in the book. And when she started hanging-out with Jack, I just couldn’t help but imagine her being throttled by me. Half of the time she was acting like that stupid heroine in horror movies who says, “Helloooo? Is somebody there?” as if the ghost will jump out from the kitchen and say, “YES! HERE I AM!” Stupid. Needless to say,there were plenty of times when I was practically pulling out my hair and screaming, “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING???” but her sense of humour and the way she ended up making the right choices in the end made it alright. Sort of.

Lend was just as awesome as ever. Though we get to see much less of him in this one, I still couldn’t help but swoon over him. Though it is weird swooning over an invisible guy but whatever. I liked how well he understood Evie and forgave her doing silly stuff. He helped her through whatever crap she went through and that was damn sweet. :’)

Jack was a brat. [I mean seriously, since the very moment he appeared, I KNEW he was gonna be trouble. And look? I was right. What a screwed-up, puny little imp he was. I partly hated him because he was sort of responsible for Evie’s and Lend’s almost-break-up.][I mean seriously, since the very moment he appeared, I KNEW he was gonna be trouble. And look? I was right. What a screwed-up, puny little imp he was. I partly hated him because he was sort of responsible for Evie’s and Lend’s almost-break-up. (hide spoiler)]

All in all, Kiersten White did a quite good job in executing her story. It’s always a bit difficult to write the second book but kudos to her for maintaining it well. I literally had a smile pasted on my face the whole time I was reading this book. Well, except the times when I was pulling my hair but whatever. I loved how it ended. Not much of a major cliff-hanger but not too bland either. It was well-balanced and if you’re looking for a fun read, this one can definitely be the one for you. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Post one here, and I'll definitely reply back. :D