Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Review- The Pearl Savage by Tamara Blodgett


The Pearl Savage by Tamara Rose Blodgett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

 Blurb: Seventeen-year old princess, Clara Williamson, lives an old-fashioned existence in a biosphere of the future.

When her sadistic mother, Queen Ada, betroths her to an abusive prince of a neighboring sphere, Clara determines to escape Outside, where savages roam free.

Clara escapes tyranny only to discover the savages are not the only people who survived the cataclysmic events of one hundred forty years prior.

Once Outside, Clara finds herself trapped, unable to return to the abusive life of the sphere while facing certain danger Outside.

Can Clara find love and freedom with the peril that threatens to consume her?


 The Pearl Savage took a looooooong time to finish, but personally, I really liked the story. Even though it's hard for me to imagine our post-apocalypse world to be anything like the one which was portrayed in this book, I still enjoyed it a lot.

The author did a good job in executing her story. Even though there were times when I got slightly bored of it since it was so big, I still didn't want to stop reading and leave it mid-way.
The characters were good, but I didn't find anybody who was particularly amazing in the story.

Clara was a sensible and strong female lead in this book. While I'm glad she wasn't extremely dumb or had the typical princess attitude, I wish-having the main role in the story-she was a bit more..active in it. Sometimes it just seemed like all the other subsidiary characters were herding her along with them and she was just there for the ride. I liked her, but I'm sure she could've been more useful in the book.

Overall, The Pear Savage is definitely a good read. The exact rating for this book would be 3.5 stars. I'm sure many people would love it. Recommended for dystopian cum historical fiction lovers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Post one here, and I'll definitely reply back. :D