Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review- Night World No. 2 by L.J.Smith


Night World, No. 2 by L.J. Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Blurb: Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters -- they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World.

In Dark Angel, Gillian is saved from drowning by her guardian angel. Only visible to Gillian, Angel will fulfill her heart's every desire. But when Angel starts making strange and sinister requests, Gillian must question who he truly is and where he came from.

Armed with a wooden stake, martial arts, and the will to resist a vampire's mind control, Rashel struggles to avenge her mother's death in The Chosen. Then she meets Quinn, her soulmate, who is part of the world she has vowed to destroy.

Hannah receives notes warning her of incredible danger in Soulmate. But if death is her destiny, is the Lord of the Night World's love strong enough to save her?

 DARK ANGEL (2.5 stars)

There's not even a single novel I've read by L.J.Smith which is not well-written. Dark Angel was nicely written, no doubt about it but the story was not very impressive. The main female protagonist was lame and not at all independent. I know the whole purpose of the story would've been lost if the main lead wasn't weak but it still wasn't fun to read. There were many parts which I found quite lame at times. Like how the guy she had had a crush on since forever didn't even know they were in the same school and then suddenly, out of the blue, the guy tells her that she has always been special to him and then guess what? (view spoiler)[They turn out to be soul mates. -__- (hide spoiler)]
BUT STILL in spite of all this, I couldn't stop reading. Why? Just because L.J. Smith is awesome. B|

THE CHOSEN (4.5 stars)

The Chosen was admittedly much, much better than the previous book. It was sort of similar to One Grave At A Time but I still loved it. Rashel was strong, determined and quite frankly, amazing. Quinn and Rashel were perfect for each other and I really liked the chemistry between both of them. The story was good and truly well executed. Though it did get a bit slow at times, the action sequences were great. I just wish Quinn was a little less...maniac. I think I would've liked him much more then. :)

SOULMATE

Soul-mate was a very good read. I enjoyed it and loved some of the parts. However, I found Hannah to be slightly irritating at times, even though it wasn’t probably her fault for choosing the bad thing over the obvious good thing. The execution of the story was awesome but some of the characters failed to impress me, mainly Hannah. Soul-mate was the story of Thierry, the first made-vampire and Hannah, an old soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Post one here, and I'll definitely reply back. :D