Saturday, July 14, 2012

Review- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare


City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Gosh it took me forever to read this but honestly? It was worth it! The story was even more amazing than the swoon-worthy cover and I absolutely loved eet!

Cassandra Clare's writing style was just as awesome as ever and it was hard not to keep smiling throughout the novel. The story was really nicely executed and fun to read through and through.
I liked Clary's character even more this time and even though she was a little too reckless sometimes, it was what made the story itself so damn interesting.

Jace was even more fun to read about and the whole time Jace and Clary were together, I was like Oh my god, what's gonna happen now?? I think I fell in love with him a little more in this book. :P

As for Sebastian, well it might seem silly, but there were so many times when I just felt like jumping inside the book and beat the crap out of him and other times when I just wished he didn't have demon blood and so much darkness in him. His villain-ness was both interesting and irritating at the same time.

All the other characters (Simon, Isabelle, Alec, Magnus, Jordan, Maia and etc. etc. etc.) were just as awesome but for some reason, I don't think I'm ever gonna like their stories better than Jace and Clary's.
I mean, throughout the novel, the story kept shifting from one scenario to another and it was slightly annoying to read what those characters were doing when I was just so engrossed in Clary and Jace. It was like watching your favourite television program and being interrupted again and again with commercials. Not that those commercials weren't good..and if not for them, I don't think the story would've been that nicely executed. But still.

Overall, this book just flew me away and I can hardly keep my excitement for the next book, City of Heavenly Fire Oh man, I want to read this book BEFORE the world actually ends but that's not gonna happen, is it? Thanks to the far, far away publishing date. >:(

PS: Yes, I actually believe the world's gonna end this year.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Post one here, and I'll definitely reply back. :D