Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Review for Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins

 


Noooooooooooo..so one of my favourite series comes to an end *sob* *sob*
No more funny comments from Sophie, no more quirky, girly dialogues from Jenna, no more healing, soft magic of Cal, no more sarcastic, voice-less comments of Elodie (since she's a ghost and all and can't speak) and..and..NO MORE ARCHER!!! [cue in some more crying :'(]

Hex Hall was an AMAZING series..it actually made me believe in magic! Sophie might just have been one of the strongest female protagonist I've come by so far. The way she could just turn even the worst situation tolerable through her witty comments, and being courageous when others had no hope, made me love her. And Archer was no less. Their similar nature made them one hell of a couple!

The best part of this series was that Ms. Hawkins made ALL the characters in this series lovable. Well, those who were on the good side anyway...(but even the evil ones were interesting to read.)
Archer managed to steal my heart once again. What can I say? I have a thing for smart-bum bad guys with sweet nature and have witty comments, always ready. :P

The only loose thread hanging in Spell Bound was the connection between Torin and Izzie. Perhaps, Ms. Hawkins is planning to write another novel about them..hmmm...that would be cool, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Post one here, and I'll definitely reply back. :D